Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The terms as described below govern your use of My Kitty Pup and provide you with information on the My Kitty Pup service. When you create a My Kitty Pup profile for your pet, you agree to these terms.
MyKittyPup PTY LTD service
MyKittyPup PTY LTD agrees to provide you with our platform. This includes products, services, technologies and software. We aim to make things easier with a "one stop" for all your pet related needs.
Our service is made up of the following:
1) Provide a personalized experience for you and your pet
2) Our tags have the ability to manage your pets information in the event they gets lost, making it easier for anyone with a browser to find the pet.
3) Connect the user with other pet lovers and service providers who share the same interests.
4) Aiming to empower you to express yourself and communicate about what matters to you.
5) Assisting you in discovering content, products and services that may interest you.
6) Combat harmful conduct and protect and support our community.
7) We aim to use and develop advanced technologies to provide safe and functional services to everyone.
In order for MyKittyPup PTY LTD to provide these services to the user, we must collect and use your personal data. What we collect will depend on how you use our products. We collect the content, communication and other information you provide when creating an account. We collect information about the people, their pets, pages, accounts and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them across our products.
When using MyKittyPup PTY LTD you agree to the following:
- Register yourself and your pet with your real names you use in everyday life
- To provide us with current and up to date information about yourself
- Create only one account per pet
- Under no circumstances to share your password or give access to your MyKittyPup PTY LTD account to anyone else
- In the event of death or incapacity to provide us with the necessary legal documents to nominate a designated person with consent to access your account on your behalf.
What MyKittyPup PTY LTD does with your information?
- MyKittyPup PTY LTD uses the information we have about you including information about your interests, actions and connections to select and personalize ads, offerings and other sponsored content that we show you.
- MyKittyPup PTY LTD uses the information we have about you to help advertisers and other partners measure the effectiveness and distribution of their ads and services. We work with third-party partners and will never sell your information to anyone. We impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the date we provide.
- MyKittyPup PTY LTD will use the information we have about you to verify accounts and activity as well as to make the platform as safe as possible for our users.
- MyKittyPup PTY LTD uses location related information such as your current location, where you live, the places you like to go to and the service providers near to you to improve our service offerings to you as convenience is our ultimate goal.
- MyKittyPup PTY LTD would also like to communicate with you. We use the information we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our products and to let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
- Should you pet become lost, any person may scan our tag into their mobile device allowing them to phone our call centre. The call centre will then identify the owner and make arrangements with the person who found the pet for the safe return of the pet.
At My Kitty Pup, we aim to make our service available to all pet owners, but you may not use the MyKittyPup PTY LTD service if:
· You are under 13 years old (or the minimum legal age in your country to use our products) -You have been convicted in any form for animal cruelty
· You are a convicted sex offender
· We previously disabled your account for violations of our terms and policies
· You are prohibited from receiving our products, services or software under applicable laws
What you may and may not share on the MyKittyPup PTY LTD platform:
- You may share specific related content in order to express yourself and your views bearing in mind that we will take the safety and well-being of others into account as well the integrity of our community.
- You may not share any content that is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent
- You may not share any content that infringes or violates someone else's rights
- You may not upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of our products.
- You may not access or collect data from our products using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access date you do not have permission to access
- We may remove content you share if such content is in violation of the above provisions and if applicable, we may take action against your account if you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights.
- We also encourage you to report conduct that you believe breaches the above conditions.
The permission you give us:
1) By clicking that accept the terms and conditions you give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions you have taken on MyKittyPup PTY LTD next to or in connection with ads, offers and sponsored content that we display across our products, without compensation to you.
2) If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install upgrades, and additional features to improve, enhance and further develop it.
3) You own the content you create and share on MyKittyPup PTY LTD and nothing in these terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want. For MyKittyPup PTY LTD to provide our services, we need you to give us legal permissions to use that content. When you share information, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (like photos and videos) on or in connection with our products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub licensable, royalty free, and worldwide licence to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works or your content.
You can end this licence at any time by deleting your content or account.
Limits on using our intellectual property:
- If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our products (for example, images, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to content you create or share on MyKittyPup PTY LTD) we retain all rights to that content (but not yours)
Updating our terms
As industry trends, applicable laws and times change, we need to update these terms from time to time to accurately reflect our service offering. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you before we have made changes to the terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they take effect. Once any updated terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our platform and service offering. If you do not agree with the terms, you may at any time, delete your account.
Account suspension or termination
We aim to make the MyKittyPup PTY LTD platform and safe and fun place. If we determine that you have violated our terms or policies, we may take action against your account or disable it. We may also suspend or disable your account if you create risk or legal exposure for us or when we are permitted to do so by law.
If you delete or we disable your account, these terms shall terminate as an agreement between you and us.
Limits in liability
Our products are provided as is, and we make no guarantees that they will always be safe, secure, error free or that they will function without disruptions, delays or imperfections. To the extent permitted by law, we also disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. We do not control or direct that people and others do or say and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct or any content they share. We cannot predict when issues might arise with our products. Accordingly our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstances will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these terms or the My Kitty Pup products, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Although we try to make the rules of the use of our platform as simple and clear as possible, we have to cater for any disputes that may arise. In the event of a dispute any competent court with jurisdiction in the Republic of South Africa will be competent to resolve such dispute.
We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
How to contact My Kitty Pup
You may contact us online or by mail at:
MyKittyPup PTY LTD
7 Lynburn Road